Residence Hall Costs 2015-2016
Double Occupancy Room
- Premium Housing (New Men's/New Women's East/New Women's West): $4372.00
- Non-Premium Housing (Chrestman/Hederman/Gunter/Latimer-Webb/Mary Nelson/Ratliff/Whittington): $3887.00
- Premium Housing (New Men's/New Women's East/New Women's West): $7254.00
- Non-Premium Housing (Chrestman/Gunter/Latimer-Webb/Mary Nelson/Ratliff/Whittington): $6284.00, as space is available
- Hederman Private: $4990.00
- 1 Bedroom: $3200.00 with 100 points and no meal plan or laundry
- 2 Bedroom: $3900.00 with 100 points and no meal plan or laundry
University Place (New Apartments/Pods): $4300.00 with 100 points and no meal plan
Loft Apartments: $5145.00
- Loft Apartments: $2050.00
- Double Occupancy Residence Hall Room: $623 per session
TWIN XL BEDS
Please note that the mattresses measure 80”, are considered to be extra-long, and that XL twin sheets will fit best.
Need help finding extra-long bedding to fit the mattresses in our halls? We can help! Mississippi College has partnered with Residence Hall Linens for several years to provide our students and families with a convenient, affordable way to ensure you have sheets that will fit all of the beds on campus. Proceeds from this program are used for programming in the residence halls. There’s free shipping for all Value Pak orders, more than 40 color combinations available, and linens are delivered to your home during the summer for extra convenience. Please visit the RHL website www.rhl.org/mcm.
The residence halls have tile floors. Students are allowed to bring carpet or area rugs but are not allowed to use carpet tape.
Approximate room measurements:
- 11' x 13' - Hederman, Gunter, Mary Nelson, East & West Towers, and Ratliff
- 12' x 15' - Latimer-Webb, Whittington, Cockroft-Caldwell, Hitt-McCullough, and Quick
- 12' x 14' - Chrestman
All residence halls are equipped with mini-blinds. Some students choose to put up curtains, too. Tension rods are the only acceptable way to hang curtains.
Inside window measurements:
- 42 x 79 for Chrestman
- 36 x 62 for Hederman and Gunter
- 48 x 67 for Latimer-Webb and Whittington
- 36 x 64 for Mary Nelson
- 42 x 74 for East & West Towers, Cockroft-Caldwell, Hitt-McCullough, and Quick
No nails, screws, sticky tape or glue may be used on any walls. Cork strips have been installed in some of the residence halls for students to hang posters, etc. The walls are painted neutral colors and may not be painted.
The eleven residence halls have oak furniture. In order to avoid charges, students should take care to not scratch or abuse the furniture. Each room has 2 single beds that can be bunked, 2 desks with chairs and 2 chest of drawers. All furniture must remain in the rooms.
NOTE: No lofts, stilts or cinder blocks!
Under strict guidelines, the only pets allowed are fish in ten gallon tanks or less. For the further guidelines and more information, please visit the Office of Residence Life.
Mississippi College is a smoke free campus.
Residents of New Men's Residence Hall may no longer have personal microwaves in their room. The purpose of this policy change is to maintain consistency throughout the residence halls.
To compensate for this change, Mississippi College is now making MicroFridges available for rental or purchase to the following residence halls: New Men's, New Women's East, New Women's West, Mary Nelson, Ratliff, Chrestman, and Whittington. Follow this link to find out more! http://collegefridge.com/mc. Since MC has contracted with collegefridge.com, only those MicroFridges will be allowed in the residence halls.
The only appliances allowed in rooms are one small refrigerator per room (no taller than 3 feet), coffee pots, and irons. Coffee pots and irons must have a functioning automatic shut-off switch. All other appliances (i.e. microwaves, toasters, ovens, hot plates, sandwich makers, etc.) are prohibited. In residence halls for women, as well as New Men's residence hall, kitchens are provided for student use. In all other residence halls, areas are provided which contain a microwave for student use.
(College Plaza, Latimer-Webb, and Hederman & Gunter are not allowed to use Microfridges due to infrastructure limitations.)
All residents are expected to keep their rooms clean and safe. The residents must maintain the private bathrooms and suites in Cockroft-Caldwell, Hitt-McCullough, Quick and East & West Towers. Occasionally the Residence Life Staff will check the students' rooms.
Sample Rooms with Measurements
New Women's (East/West Towers)