"Mortar Board is the premier national honor society recognizing college seniors for superior achievement in scholarship, leadership and service."
Cap and Gown Chapter
The chapter of Mortar Board at Mississippi College is known as the "Cap and Gown Chapter." Our chapter strives to provide different areas in which scholarship, leadership and service are all represented. Here are a few events that we have participated in the 2014-2015 school year:
- School Supply Drive
- High School Student Council Conference
- Last Lecture Series
- Smorgasbord-Faculty and Staff Reception
- Angel Tree Children Sponsorship
- Read Across America
Mortar Board Applications
Mortar Board is now accepting applications for the 2016-2017 Mortar Board membership. Please read the requirements and important dates below.
- Rising Senior
- GPA in the top 35% of the class OR Minimum GPA of 3.0 (whichever is higher in the given year)
- For the 2016-2017 Mortar Board class, the top 35% of the class is higher, therefore membership is being offered to individuals who fall in the top 35%. Individuals meeting this standard should receive an email from the 2015-2016 Mortar Board president.
Important Dates to Remember
- Mortar Board Interest Reception
Thursday, February 18, 2016
10:40 am - 11:40 am (Chapel Time)
Student Senate, Alumni Hall 2nd Floor
- Mortar Board Applications Due
Sunday, February 21, 2016