Chemistry is an exciting and diverse subject. In fields as varied as biology, medicine, ecology, agriculture, fuels, high technology, material science, and engineering, creative individuals with solid backgrounds in chemistry have dramatically changed many aspects of modern life.
Mississippi College has a century-long record of providing a foundational education in chemistry, and its program is fully accredited by the American Chemical Society. There are other careers in science, but none more challenging and diverse than chemistry. Do you want a challenging and lifelong adventure? Chemistry at Mississippi College is a great start.
Quick Facts About MC Chemistry
- MC Chemistry alumni are on the faculty or administration of no fewer than 26 colleges and universities in the United States.
- In Franklin & Marshall Report on Baccalaureate Origins of Doctoral Recipients, MC Chemistry ranks in the top 8% nationally based on the percentage of graduates who have earned Ph.D.s in the chemical sciences. Furthermore, in our classification, MC Chemistry has the #1 ranking in the southeastern United States.
- MC has one of the largest and most active Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society chapters in the nation. The group has received a Chapter Award from the American Chemical Society (ACS) for several years.
- Chemical & Engineering News, 2008, stated that MC continued to lead the state in the number ACS certified chemistry/biochemistry majors.
- MC was the first university in Mississippi to receive ACS-certification of its Biochemistry degree.
- An MC Chemistry alumnus currently serves as Chancellor of the University of Mississippi.