Master of Education
Master of Education Guidelines
Each applicant must file with the Dean of Graduate Studies a complete dossier consisting of the following:
- Graduate School Application for Admission - Application may be completed on-line.
- Application Fee - a $30.00 application fee (nonrefundable, must accompany application).
- Transcript(s) - One copy of official transcript(s) for all previous collegiate work. (Only official transcripts mailed from the school or college directly to the Dean of Graduate Studies will be accepted.) Form may be downloaded here.
- License - A photocopy of his/her Standard Class Educator’s License issued by a state department of education. You must hold a STANDARD, 5-YEAR, RENEWABLE LICENSE to be considered. If you do not have a copy, your school district usually has one on file and will make a copy for you, or an individual may request a duplicate copy of a license by submitting a completed Licensure Application and a $5 money order (personal checks not accepted) to the Mississippi Department of Education; Office of Educator Licensure; P.O. Box 771; Jackson, MS 39205. The application packet may be downloaded here.
- Exam Scores - Documentation of acceptable scores on required professional exams. You may request the Office of Educator Licensure to provide scores on file by submitting a written request to the Mississippi Department of Education; Office of Educator Licensure; P.O. Box 771; Jackson, MS 39205. The request may also be sent by email to Kathy Hallman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your full name and social security number in correspondence.
Each applicant must also file a professional portfolio with the program coordinator. Click here for portfolio requirements.
Upon receipt of all required documents, an interview and writing sample will be requested. For information on this process, click here.
Our vision is to produce the best prepared educational leaders in the history of Mississippi.