The Department of Teacher Education and Leadership is accredited by NCATE/CAEP and offers the following licensure-based undergraduate degrees in Elementary Education, Secondary, and K-12 Education:
Teacher Education Degree Options
- For information on Special Education and other supplemental endorsements click here.
*Admission requirements for the Teacher Education Programs for licensure:
1. successfully complete 44 semester hours of university core courses.
2. have an overall (cumulative) GPA of at least 2.75
3. have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in the area(s) of expected certification.
4. pass all parts of the Praxis I CASE: Reading 156; Writing 162; Math 150.
Praxis I may be waived if student has ACT composite of at least 21 and no sub -test below 18 or SAT (990 or higher in math/reading).
5. pass the Writing Proficiency test/or ENG 299.
Teaching Salary Schedule for Licensed Mississippi Teachers
Early Childhood Care and Development Degree
This is a non-licensure degree program that helps prepare students for a professional career in the discipline of Early Childhood Education. Students develop competencies that enable them to provide integral services to young children and families, as well as teach and direct in daycare and preschool programs. The program includes classroom instruction, supervised laboratory experiences, and practical hands-on training from experts in the field.
Click here for more information.
Current students need to have an account in Tk20. For access to Tk20 click HERE.