Bachelor of Arts
This program requires a foreign language, either 12 semester hours in the same language, or students with one high school unit may enter course 102 of the same language and thereby waive three hours of this requirement; those with two high school units may enter course 201, waiving six hours. Students must meet University Core Curriculum requirements.
Additional requirements for the degree are:
- Twelve semester hours, composed of courses HIS 101-102 History of Western Civilization or HIS 103-104 World Civilization and HIS 211-212 History of the United States.
- Twenty-one semester hours, to be chosen from the remainder of the History courses (300-400 level), excluding HIS 435 Social Studies Methods, or from those Political Science courses cross-listed for History credit, or from other closely related fields with the approval of the major professor.
- Three semester hours in oral communication chosen in consultation with an advisor.
- Select a minor in consultation with advisor.
- Take the major area field examination approved by the department for this degree program during the final semester before graduation