MISSISSIPPI COLLEGE PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT ADMISSION CYCLE FOR MAY 2014 IS CLOSED - EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, 2014
The Physician Assistant Program at Mississippi College admits one cohort each year, for sessions commencing in the summer semester. Applicants must have completed all prerequisites before matriculation into the PA program. The program uses a rolling admissions process, which means your application will be reconsidered by the Admissions Committee throughout the admission cycle. To enter the physician assistant program, one must be eligible for admission to Mississippi College. Applicants must submit their completed applications to through the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) to the Physician Assistant Program no later than March 1st of the matriculation year. Applications submitted after this date will need to reapply to CASPA to be considered for the following year.
Admission to the physician assistant program is highly competitive. The admissions committee considers a number of factors when selecting applicants for interviews and for matriculation into the program. Applicants must have a bachelor degree and completed all pre-requisites at a U.S. accredited institution of higher learning before matriculation into the PA program. Applicants may have no more than two outstanding pre-requisite courses (not including labs) at the time of application to the program. No transfer credit will be allowed from other PA programs and advanced placement is not permitted. The PA program admissions committee makes the final selection of applicants into the program. When selecting applicants for interview, the Committee may take into account any and all aspects of the student’s prior educational record. These factors include but are not limited to:
- Grade point averages in the areas listed above.
- Quality points earned in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics courses.
- Quality and quantity of direct and indirect patient care experience.
- GRE test scores.
- Letters of recommendation. (References from personal acquaintances, personal health care providers, or friends are generally not looked upon as being beneficial to an applicant’s credentials.)
- Student essay and expressed goals congruent to the mission of the PA program.
- Test scores from other standardized tests such as the Medical College Admissions Test or the Health Sciences Reasoning Test are not required but are reviewed in consideration.
- Honors, awards and community service.
- State of Residence - In support of the programs mission, preference is given to Mississippi residents, half of our slots are dedicated to Mississippi residents.
- Prior work experience.
Any provisions to the published pre-requisite requirements are considered by the admissions committee on a case-by-case basis. The application deadline is March 1st of the matriculating year. Applicants have until March 1st, to submit a CASPA verified application to the Physician Assistant Program through the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CAPSA).
Information sessions are held at the PA Medical Education Center located on the third floor of the Baptist Healthplex on the Mississippi College main campus. Information sessions are held at 3pm on the third Wednesday of each month.These sessions are open to the public, contact our office 601.925.7383 if need additional information. RSVP REQUIRED: using the following link, complete the form to confirm your participation https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=vQym2Fe5CX4DhWt4DgxOXA
- August 20, 2014
- September 17, 2014
- October 15, 2014
- November 19, 2014
- December 17, 2014
- January 21, 2015
- February 18, 2015
- March 18, 2015
- April 15, 2015
- May 20, 2015
- June 17, 2015
- July 15, 2015
- August 19, 2015
- September 16, 2015
- October 21, 2015
- November 18, 2015
- December 16, 2015