The following courses must be completed before admission into the program: (Online or Hybrid courses are not accepted with the exception of the statistics course.)
- A Bachelor's degree
- Human Anatomy & Physiology, a complete sequence (including labs; 8 semester hours)
- Microbiology, at the pre-med level/appropriate as a first-level requirement for a Microbiology major (including lab; 4 semester hours)
- General Chemistry, a complete sequence geared toward science majors/appropriate as a first-level course for a Chemistry major (including labs; 8 semester hours)
- Organic Chemistry (including labs; 4 semester hours)
- Statistics, including statistical tests and analysis (3 semester hours)
Minimum course requirements for admission to the physician assistant program include:
- Applicant must demonstrate completion of all pre-requisite courses with a grade of C or better from an accredited university or college within the United States.
- All prerequisites must have been completed within the 10 years prior to the expected date of matriculation at an accredited institution within the United States. With the exception of statistics, on-line coursework will not be accepted for pre-requisite courses.
- A cumulative overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 of a possible 4.0 on all undergraduate and graduate work completed at an accredited university or college.
- A cumulative biology, chemistry and physics grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 of a possible 4.0 on all undergraduate and graduate work completed at an accredited university or college.