Mississippi College is a comprehensive Christian university that seeks to lift up the teachings of Jesus Christ in a premier academic environment at an affordable price.
Mississippi College is a rare find in the field of private Christian education with our student body size, low cost of attendance, and academic reputation.
- Mississippi College is the state’s largest private university with over 5,000 students.
- Established in 1826, MC is the state’s oldest institution of higher learning.
- Ranked as one of “America’s Best Colleges” by U.S. News & World Report
- The student body population is comprised of students from 39 states and over 20 foreign countries.
- The first coeducational college in America to grant a degree to a woman – 1831
- In September 2013, MC's application to enter the Division II Gulf South Conference was accepted. The MC Choctaws will compete in 17 sports beginning in the fall of 2014, granting us greater exposure, a new level of competition, and the ability to award athletic financial aid.
Mississippi College is more affordable than you might think with our lower tuition and generous scholarship program.
- MC is one of the most affordable private universities in the country, with a total cost at $23,888 per year. The average private university costs $43,289 per year, with the average public university at $22,261 in-state tuition per year (Reported by the College Board's Trends in College Pricing 2012 and Trends in Student Aid 2012 reports.).
- Forbes recently ranked MC as one of the top 25 “Best College Buys” in the nation.
- MC awards approximately $53 million in scholarships and financial aid each year.
- Scholarships are awarded based upon academic achievement, demonstration of leadership, ministerial vocation, financial need, and other areas of merit.
- Find out what you could qualify for in scholarships and financial aid by completing our Net Price Calculator. This tool will help you estimate your bottom line cost for MC.
- We encourage students to shop around and compare prices when considering colleges. See how MC stacks up against other private universities in our region.
You will find that a degree from Mississippi College holds weight with employers and can springboard you to anywhere you want to go.
- Over 80 undergraduate majors offered, plus over 50 graduate areas of study, two doctoral programs, a law school, and the state’s only Physician Assistant program
- 16:1 student-faculty ratio
- Mississippi College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelors, masters, education specialists degrees, education and counseling doctorates, and the first professional degree in law.
- Ranks in the top 8% of private non-doctoral colleges in PhD acceptance
- MC students gain acceptance into medical school at over twice the national average.
- MC is the only university in the country where undergraduates can take Medical School Board exams to see how they rank amongst other medical school students across the country.
- In Fall 2012, MC opened an extension to the Hederman science building which features a wet cadaver lab for undergraduate study.
- Nearly 100% of Nursing graduates find employment within three months of graduation.
- The Sociology and Social Work department ranks in the top 10% nationally of graduates completing doctoral degrees.
- Every year, virtually 100% of MC’s Education graduates pass the Praxis II; 99% of Education graduates have received a positive evaluation during their first year of teaching.
- An MC Law team won the Andrews Kurth National Moot Court Championship in 2011. At the end of the 2010-11 Academic Year, MC Law's appellate advocacy program was ranked #4 in the nation by the Blakely Advocacy Institute at the University of Houston.
- MC’s Administration of Justice graduate program was ranked as a top 10 program by graduateprograms.com in Fall 2013.
- The only Baptist university to offer a Masters in Fine Arts
- Mississippi College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelors, masters, education specialists degrees, education and counseling doctorates, and the first professional degree in law. View our other departmental accreditations.
Our aim is to infuse Christ into every aspect of our culture – in the classroom, throughout campus life, and in the hearts of our students.
- Mission statement: Mississippi College seeks to be a university recognized for academic excellence and commitment to the cause of Christ.
- In the last 10 years, MC has seen over 700 reported salvations within its student body.
- MC has been affiliated with the Mississippi Baptist Convention since 1850.
- The International Mission Board ranks MC as a top 10 school from which missionaries graduate and are under appointment.
- MC students volunteer more than 30,000 hours every year.