NAnderso@mc.edu // 601.925.7094 // Box 4014
Assistant Professor, Business
I love business-- every facet of it! My goal is to ignite students' passion about the world of business and encourage them to go beyond simple lists and terms. Why do businesses succeed? Why do they fail? Critical and creative thinking in business is a must, so I push students to "think outside the box." Also, because we are a Christian institution, we address ethical issues. I believe faith and success in business are not mutually exclusive but must be intertwined. In a world of scoundrels and scandals from Wall Street to Main Street, I hope to give students the tools for success without compromising their integrity and faith. After all, the reputation of Mississippi College depends on the good works and business achievements of our alumni.
- Ph.D. in 2008 from Mississippi State University, Business Administration with a major in Finance
- M.B.A. in 1993 from Mississippi College
- B.S. in 1983 from Mississippi College, major in Biology and minor in Chemistry
- Received the desigination Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) in 1996
Dissertation Title: Three Essays on the Mutual Fund Marketplace: The Use of Distribution Channels and Market Segmentation
- Regular columnist Mississippi Business Journal, 1997 to present.
- Co-host of "Money Talks," a weekly call-in show on personal finance for Mississippi Public Broadcasting.
- Author of Tough Talk for Tough Times.
- Reviewer for Applied Economics.
- Textbook Reviewer for Routledge Publishing.
- Regular spot on "Midday Mississippi" on WLBT-TV, Jackson, MS.
- FEA, 2011, Presented the paper "Do Stock Simulations Encourage Risky Behavior?"
- FMA, 2009, Presented the paper "Segmentation and Economies ofScale."
- FMA, 2007, Presented the paper, "Beyond the Expense Ratio."
- EFA, 2007, Presented the paper, "Beyond the Expense Ratio."
- Discussant, FMA 2009.
- Discussant, FMA, 2007.
- Discusant, EFA, 2007.
- Board Member of the Mississippi Economic Education Council, 2009 to present.
FIN 441/54 - Investments
MWF, 10-10:50 am, Self 205
FIN 6543 - Financial Statement Analysis
M, 6:30-9:15 (hybrid), Self 205
FIN 441/54 - Investments
FIN 6544 - Advanced Investments
FIN 341 - Business Finance
MWF, 11:00 am to noon, Self 205
FIN 342 - Financial Markets and Institutions
MWF, 10-11 am Hybrid, Self 205
- Advanced Investments
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Business Finance
- Money and Financial Institutions
- Business Finance Schedule
- Financial Stmt. Schedule
- Investments Schedule
- Money and Fin. Inst. Schedule