Welcome to Chinese Language Program at Mississippi College!
Four our 2011 graduates who win scholarships to China! :
Daniel Jones, John Mark Kolb, Caleb Wilkinson and Betty Moore
100,000 STRONG INITIATIVE TO CHINA
MC 2010 graduate Clint Myers got full scholarship to study in China!
MC University News:
Dear all Mississippi Collegians:
The opportunity to learn more about one of the world's richest cultures may be reason enough to study Mandarin (Chinese), but considering that it is the language of the largest market on earth, such study becomes an even better career move.
My name is Ran An, was born and raised in mainland China, but I have studied, worked and lived in Jackson, MS, for almost 6 years. I will be teaching Chinese classes to undergraduate students of MC, which will not only give all of you a chance to get a minor in Chinese, but also an opportunity to learn and enjoy one of the most fantastic languages and cultures in the world.
There are good reasons that you should learn Chinese:
1. China has the biggest population in the world-1.3 billion people. In addition to the Chinese people in continental China, Mandarin Chinese is also spoken by people living in Taiwan, Singapore and other parts of the world. If you speak English and Mandarin Chinese, he/she can communicate with over half the world's population;
2. China is becoming an economic superpower. Knowing Chinese will give you an edge in the future job market;
3. Learning Chinese is an extraordinary and agreeable experience through which you can immerse yourself in a different culture. Unlike most languages, Chinese has a unique ideographic writing system, which provides visual comprehensibility. The grammatical structure of Chinese is not only logical, but also pragmatic, related to the particular way of Chinese thinking. Knowledge of the written language opens up the culture of one of the world's oldest civilizations.
I am looking forward to meeting with you in Chinese classes.
2005 ~ 2007 M.S in Chemistry, Jackson State University, Jackson, MS, U.S.A.
2003 ~ 2006 M.A. in Chinese Literature, Huazhong Normal University, Wuhan, China
CHI 101 - Elementary Chinese I
MWF, 9:00~10:00a.m., Jennings 306
CHI 202 - Intermediate Chinese 202
MWF , 10:00~10:50a.m., Jennings 306
CHI 440 - Advanced Chinese II
MW , 12:00~1:15p.m., Jennings 105
PED 126 - TAI CHI
MW, 4:30~5:20p.m., Alumni Gym
HIS 403 B - Chinese Civilization
TR, 1:30~2:45, Jennings Annex 100
- 2010 Chinese Spelling Bee in Greater Jackson Area photos
- Chinese 440 students play Chinese Yoyo
- How to get a Minor in Chinese?
- Mc 2011 summer study abroad in.doc
- MC Summer Camps in China Photos
- Method to Input Chinese characters on your computer
- Don't know the pronunciation? Write it, and get it!
- How to display/input Chinese Characters?
- Fairbank Center for Chinese Study
- Chinese Language Initiatives
- Boren Scholarships for Chinese Language Students
- Jobs in China!
- Scholarship for short term study in China
- Critical Language Scholarship
- Henry Luce Foundation