Hello, my name is Albert Smathers. I am an Artist/Educator at Mississippi College.
My career as an artist has taken several paths. Initially for approx. 15 years I worked as a professional artist in which my art work was dealt through 5 galleries throughout the Southeast. These galleries afforded me exposure both regionally and internationally. As of late my time has been divided between the art of helping other artists develope their skills to still producing artwork for market and personal enjoyment. This is year eleven for me as a full time art professor at Mississippi College. I hope and pray that each year my skills as a painter and abilities as a teacher will continue to grow.
Special note, I believe working torwards and having regular exhibits helps keep my artistic skills honed which in turn makes for a better art educator. Currently I'm working on a solo exhibit scheduled for November 2014 titled Southeast to Northwest and Between. In this show I hope to have subjects inspired from recent trips to Haiti and the State of Maine. Also to be included are landscapes and other ideas closer to home.
Art 211A - Acrylic PNT. NF
MW, 8-10:30, Aven 418
Art 212A - Oil PNT NF
Tu/Thurs., 12-2:30, Aven 418
Art - 6514z Fig. oils and acrylics
Tu nights, 6-9:30, Aven 418
Art 399 - The Business of Art
Tu/Thurs, 9:25-10:40, Aven 216
- Sunlight on the Birds and Hay 36x48 oil
- Valley of the deer (Not Fin) 36x48 oil
- Artist painting with his hands CR oil
- Detail, Sunlight on the Birds and Hay
- Drawing, Cattle in blue 36x48
- Drawing, Cattle in blue TK 2
- Pathways in the snow 16x20 oil
- Peace and Plenty revisited 18x24 oil
- Searching for Stones 8x10 acrylic
- Silence 36x48 oil
- Waiting for a change in Tide 16x20 oil