Every semester, students enrolled in IEP go on day trips in and around the state of Mississippi. These trips teach students about the culture, customs, and traditions of Mississippi and the United States of America. Descriptions of some of the field trips we have taken over the years, as well as photos, are provided below.
- Mississippi State Fair Trip (Fall 2014). Students visited the MS State Fair in downtown Jackson. They got to eat faif food, visited a petting zoo, and rode rides at the fair.
- Mississippi River and Coke Museum Tour (Spring 2012). Students took a riverboat ride on the Mississippi River and visited the first U.S. bottling factory for the famous Coca-Cola soft drink.
- Day in Downtown Jackson (Spring 2012). Students visited the state's capital building, observed a governmental meeting, and met governmental officials from the state of Mississippi. They also toured the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science where they observed various local plants and animals.
- Tour of the Vicksburg Military Park (Fall 2011) Students traveled to Vicksburg, MS, to tour the nationally-acclaimed Military Park, which was the site of a famous Civil War battle in the United States.
- Day at the Mississippi State Fair in Jackson, MS (Fall 2011) Students were given the opportunity to see a traditional Southern fair, go on fair rides, interact with livestock, and eat fair cuisine.
- Visit to the Mississippi Museum of Art (Fall 2011) Students viewed local forms of cultural art in a local museum and had a southern-style lunch at Two Sister's Kitchen in downtown Jackson.