We could not be more excited that you have decided to make Mississippi College your new home away from home. There are so many new and great things happening on our campus, and we eagerly anticipate you being a part of it!
At MC, you will find that your time living on campus will be one of your richest college experiences. From the close-knit student community, residence hall life, and the various clubs and activities to be a part of, this is a place where you will thrive.
Please review the online housing sign-up instructions and timeline below before beginning the process. If you have any further questions please contact the Residence Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-925-3359.
Phase I: Apply for On-Campus Living & Choose Your Roommate (Opens April 7th, 2014)
- Apply for housing
- Edit & Update your Contact Information
- Create your Housing Profile
- Pay $100 non-refundable housing fee
- Request or find a roommate of your choosing
Phase II: Room Selection & Housing Confirmation (Opens February 1st, 2014)
- You will return to the housing portal begin the room selection process.
- If you have confirmed a roommate and both of you have accepted your roommate requests and been accepted to MC, then only one of you will need to sign you up for an available double room.
- Roommates will need to choose a completely empty double room if they want to be together. The room selection should read 2/2 to be able to pull in a roommate.
Roommate requests are not guaranteed. It is a student’s responsibility to ensure that when selecting a room, if they have a confirmed roommate request, that the roommate is also placed in the room. Requesting a roommate after you have chosen a room will not pull the person into the room.
Any student (current or new) who has applied for housing but misses the opportunity for room selection (which closes July 25, 2014), will have their room assigned by the Office of Residence Life according to room availability and the room preferences designated on the housing application.
Please read the Online Housing Instructions before you begin your application and room selection. These instructions provide a clear step-by-step outline of the application and room selection process.
Housing for 2014-2015 TImeline
April 7th, 2013 - Housing application is available to all New Students who have applied to MC.
April 14th, 2014 - Students who have completed their housing application, been accepted to MC, and paid the $100 non-refundable housing fee can return to the online housing portal and complete their room request.
July 25, 2014 - Housing Sign-up and Room Changes will CLOSE. The Residence Life Office will make final assignments to those students who do not have a room assignment.