DO YOU WANT TO BE A RESIDENT ASSISTANT?
RA applications for the 2014-2015 school year will be available starting Monday, January 13th.
New hopeful RAs, fill out an application on StarRez.
Returning RAs, fill out the returning RA application on StarRez.
Complete your application on StarRez before February 3rd, 2014 at 4:00pm.
Make sure to talk to your RA to find out more about what it means to be a Resident Assistant.
RA Application Process Timeline
- Monday, January 13th - RA Application goes live
- Wednesday, January 15th - Informational Interest Meeting, 4:30-5:00 PM, Residence Life Office Multi-Purpose Room
- Tuesday, January 28th - Informational Interest Meeting, 4:30-5:00 PM, Residence Life Office Multi-Purpose Room
- Monday, February 3rd - Applications Due, 4:00 PM
- February 6th & 7th - Group Interviews, 6:30-9:30 PM, New Men's Rotunda (New RAs) & Peer Interviews (Returning RAs)
- February 10th through the 14th - Formal Interviews (New RAs)
- February 19th through the 26th - Professional Interviews with Student Life Administrative Staff (Returning RAs)
- March 7th - Inform students that they have been hired.
- March 21st - RA contracts due.
- April 7th - Reveal day.
2014-2015 RA Time Commitments
- - Fall RA Training
- - Thanksgiving Closedown
- - Christmas Closedown
- - Spring RA Training
- - Spring Break Closedown
- - Summer Closedown
If you are hired as a Resident Assistant, you will be unable to serve on The Crew or as a Blue and Gold 101 Mentor.
Make sure to signup for group interview and personal interview times in the Residence Life Office on the back patio underneath the Caf.
Click below to print reference forms. Three references must be completed and turned in to the Residence Life Office on the back patio underneath the Caf.
The purpose of Desk Assistants at Mississippi College is to maintain a peaceful and productive environment where students feel comfortable to study and socialize in common areas. A Desk Assistant should be a person of responsibility and integrity, willing to work with others, and possess an attitude reflective of the mission of Mississippi College. The primary purpose of a Desk Assistant is to watch the lobby.
The Desk Assistant position is a job with a lot of flexibility. Studying is permissible while on the job. Dates or planned group activities are not allowed. A Desk Assistant should not allow friends to congregate in front of the lobby desk. During their shift, Desk Assistants must remain behind the desk and should not leave the lobby for any reason unless it is an emergency.
- Approximately 9 hours per week
- Some weekends required
Key Duties and Skills
- Assess inventory of lobby furniture
- Place lobby furniture in correct place
- Report lobby maintenance or suspected misconduct to the RA on call
- Greet all visitors in a pleasant and hospitable manner
- Be accessible and available to students
- BE ON TIME for every shift as scheduled by the Area Coordinator or Assistant Area Coordinator
- Answer the lobby phone
- Periodically walk the lobby and check for appropriate behavior and volume levels, etc.
- Confront violators who are in violation of posted lobby rules
- Check in visiting students of the opposite gender
Hourly rate of pay: Minimum Wage