The Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) is a volunteer officer-training program that allows cadets to participate in Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) while enlisted in the Army National Guard or Army Reserve. The intent of the SMP is to increase the number of officers in the Army National Guard and Army Reserve by increasing ROTC enrollment from enlisted members who are attending college. A cadet may also receive an opportunity to win a two-year or three-year GRFD scholarship. This means a future as an officer on Active or Reserve Duty. He or she may also be presented with the opportunity to volunteer for Airborne, Air Assault, Northern or Mountain Warfare Training.
- Be enrolled as an MSII or above.
- Be a non-scholarship cadet, a recipient of the Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty (GRFD) 2-year scholarship, or recipient of a dedicated Army National Guard scholarship.
- Successfully completed 30 or more hours.
- Be physically qualified.
- Be under 30 years of age when commissioned (waiverable through age 34).
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 grade scale.
- Be a full time student.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- $309 tax free
GI BILL KICKER
- $200 tax free before contracting ROTC
- $350 tax free after contracting ROTC
- E-5 once contracted
ROTC Stipend (Contracted)
- Sophomore: $350 tax free
- Junior: $450 tax free
- Senior: $ 500 tax free
Federal Tuition Assistance
- Up to $4,500 annually for school (When available)