Welcome Week 2013
In just a few short weeks you will BE HERE as college students, and we are excited that you've chosen MC! The best way to BE HERE is to get involved in campus activities right away. Welcome Week is your first chance to do so.
Welcome Week is designed and planned by The CREW, twenty excited upperclassmen who were selected from a competitive pool of student applicants. There will be non-stop events and activities starting the moment you get to campus and continuing throughout the week.
These events will provide you with opportunities to mingle with other new Choctaws, the Dean of Students and University Presidents, Club and Tribe members, campus ministry teams, and the Student Government Association.
Events will include:
- Kick-off Concert on the Quad: A Night with Ben Rector
- Black & White Event with the President
- Roadtrip Excursion
- Back to the Bricks
- Night at the Rez
- Worship Night
- Intramural Games
The DEADLINE to purchase your packet online is Midnight on Saturday August 17, 2013. After that packets will only be available on move-in day on the Quad and at Convocation. Packets will not be available to purchase after August 24, 2013 online or in person.
To stay updated on the all the fun to come and let us know how much fun you're having, be sure to follow us on Twitter at @MCWelcomeWeek and tweet at us using #youarehere.
WHEN WILL YOU GET YOUR WELCOME WEEK PACKET:
- If you are living on campus your packet will be given to you by your RA when you check in on Move-In Day on August 24th.
- If you are a commuter you can pick up your packet from Welcome Week Headquaters on the Quad or in the lobby of Nelson Hall anytime during Welcome Week.
- If you are an athlete who is moving in early your packet will be delivered to your room during the week of August 19th.
WHAT TO BRING TO WELCOME WEEK 2013:
- A swimsuit for Sunday Funday so you can beat the heat on the inflateable slip-n-slide!
- Something black & white for A Night in Black & White with the President. This can be gym shorts and a t-shirt or a formal dress - whatever you are comfortable in as long as it is black and white!
- Your favorite thrift shop special to adorn while you late-night bowl during Thrift Shop Bowling Night.
- Besides that...just YOU!