The general requirements common to all degrees are:
- a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university,
- a 2.5 undergraduate grade point average (exceptions: MSCP, EDS, Ed.D.),
- an appropriate undergraduate foundation in major courses for the degree pursued, and
- an appropriate standardized test score(s) at or above the published minimum(s).
Additional requirements may vary by program.
Each applicant for admission must file with the Dean of the Graduate School a complete dossier consisting of the following: (International Students see International Student Admission Information)
- Application for admission.
- A $35.00 application fee (non-refundable; must accompany application).
- One copy of all the official transcript(s) from previous collegiate work (associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate), and any transferable graduate credit. [Official transcripts are those mailed from the college or university directly to the Dean of the Graduate School, Box 4029, Clinton, MS 39058; those brought in by applicant, relative, etc. or marked “issued to student” are not considered official.]
- All applicants seeking the Class AA Standard Educator License must provide a photocopy of their Class A Standard Educator License issued from the State of Mississippi. Applications will not be processed without this documentation.
- A standardized test score should be filed with your application. Lacking this standardized test automatically results in provisional admission. Non-degree seeking graduate students are exempt from filing standardized test scores unless they are pursuing educator licensure.
- Consult specific degree descriptions for additional admissions