Welcome to Mississippi College and the Department of Teacher Education and Leadership. As an Associate Professor of Education, I teach
- Educational Psychology (EDU 304)
- Language Arts for Children (EDU 439) and
- Studies in the Teaching of Elementary Language Arts (EDU 6525).
- I supervise student teachers.
- Contact person for the Master's of Elementary Education degree.
- Major professor/committee member for students working toward their Ed.D. in Educational Leadership.
Additional courses previously taught include: EDU 300- Introduction to Education, EDU 301- Methods of Elementary Education, EDU 6524- Teaching Skills of Reading and Comprehension and 6489- Middle Grades Literacy Skills.
I believe that teachers are called to serve all of God's children and it is a moral responsibility for us to love, nurture and impart knowledge wherever we are placed according to God's will. I love children and teaching, and I know you will too. Again, welcome.
About MeI was born and raised in Jackson, MS and graduated from Provine High School. I am the proud mother/nana of two daughters, Amy and Anna and one grandson, Aiden. My teaching background is in the arts, mathematics, and reading. I have also served as an assistant principal, principal and Executive Director for Elementary Education in the Jackson Public School District. I began teaching at MC as an adjunct in 2005 and began full time employment in 2007. My family and I attend Ridgecrest Baptist Church.
EDU 301B - Methods for Elementary Teaching
Friday, 10:00 - 12:45, Lowery 206
EDU 439 - Language Arts for Children
Wednesday, 8:00 - 11:00, Lowery 206
EDU 6525 - Studies in the Teaching of Elementary School Language Arts
Tuesday, 6:00 - 8:00, Lowery 206
EDU 301A - Methods for Elementary Teaching
MW, 12:00-1:15, L206
EDU 439 Documents
EDU 301A Documents
- 301 LP Format with UbD/CCSS F12.doc
- Rubric Case Study F11.docx
- Office Hours