Diane Pamela (D. P.) Smith
Hello, I'm D.P. (Diane Pamela) Smith and I am excited to be
teaching Art Appreciation again this semester.
"Open my eyes that I may see,
Glimpses of truth Thou hast for me....
Open my eyes, illumine me, Spirit Divine."
--1895 Clara H. Scott.
The hymn writer invites us to open our eyes, and may we see the world around us.
May we not only look, but see.
May we not only hear, but learn.
May we not only observe, but appreciate,
May we gain discernment and understanding
through knowledge and illumination by the Holy Spirit of the Most High God.
It is a lifelong adventure! Welcome Aboard!
About MeSome of my educational experiences include:
- B.F.A. (Bachelor of Fine Art) from Mississippi University for Women
- M.R.Ed (Master of Religious Education) from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary,
- M.A. (Master of Arts in Art) from Mississippi College, and
- M.F.A. (Master of Fine Art in Two-Dimensional Design) From Mississippi College.
- The Dynamic Graphics Educational Foundation,
- L'Institut de Touraine, Tours, France
- Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
- New Orleans Academy of Fine Art
- International Christian Creative Arts Conference, Malaysia
- International Orality Network Conferences
- and other professional conferences and training.
- 22 years international experience in service and ministry through art, publications, and training
- 5 years service as a youth consultant for the Mississippi Baptist Convention Board
ART 125 G - Art Appreciation
TR, 8:00 AM, Aven Hall Room 216
ART 125 H - Art Appreciation
TR, 9:25 AM, Aven Hall Room 216
Art 204 A - Drawing 2- Artist Anatomy and Figure Drawing
Monday and Wednesday, 9:00-11:30 AM, Aven 411
Art 204 B - Drawing 2 - Artist Anatomy and Figure Drawing
Monday and Wednesday, 12:00-2:30 PM, Aven 411
Art 203 B - Drawing 1
Tuesday and Thursday, , Aven Hall Rm 411
ART 125 - Art Appreciation I
Tuesday and Thursday, 12:00-1:15, Aven Hall Room 216
Art 125 J - Art Appreciation
Tuesday and Thursday, 1:30-2:45, Aven 216
Art 125 D - Art Appreciation
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday, 11:00-11:50, Aven 216
- Art 125 Syllabus 2013 Fall
- Art 125- Lost & Found
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_03.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_04.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_04a.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_05.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_06.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_07.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_08.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_09.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_12.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_15.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_16.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_17.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_17_condensed.doc
- Undergrad Addendum 2013-2014