Diane Pamela (D. P.) Smith
Hello, I'm D.P. Smith and I am excited to be
teaching Art Appreciation and Drawing 2 again this semester.
"Open my eyes that I may see,
Glimpses of truth Thou hast for me....
Open my eyes, illumine me, Spirit Divine."
--1895 Clara H. Scott.
The hymn writer invites us to open our eyes and see life and truth.
May we not only look, but see and perceive.
May we not only hear, but listen and learn.
May we not only observe, but appreciate and draw,
May we gain wisdom, discernment and understanding
through knowledge and illumination by the Holy Spirit of the Most High God.
It is a lifelong adventure of application! Welcome Aboard!
About MeSome of my educational experiences include:
- M.F.A. (Master of Fine Art in Two-Dimensional Design) From Mississippi College
- M.A. (Master of Arts in Art) from Mississippi College
- M.R.Ed (Master of Religious Education) from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- B.F.A. (Bachelor of Fine Art) from Mississippi University for Women
- International Creative Arts Conference, Malaysia
- New Orleans Academy of Fine Art
- L'Institut de Touraine, Tours, France
- New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
- International Orality Network Conferences
- The Dynamic Graphics Educational Foundation
- and other professional conferences and training.
- 22 years international experience in service and ministry through art, publications, and training
- 5 years service as a youth consultant for the Mississippi Baptist Convention Board
- Have taught Design, Art Appreciation, Introduction to Graphic Design, Drawing 1, Drawing 2 (Artist Anatomy & Figure Drawing).
ART 125 G - Art Appreciation
TR, 8:00 AM, Aven Hall Room 216
ART 125 H - Art Appreciation
TR, 9:25 AM, Aven Hall Room 216
Art 204 A - Drawing 2- Artist Anatomy and Figure Drawing
Monday and Wednesday, 9:00-11:30 AM, Aven 411
Art 204 B - Drawing 2 - Artist Anatomy and Figure Drawing
Monday and Wednesday, 12:00-2:30 PM, Aven 411
Art 203 B - Drawing 1
Tuesday and Thursday, , Aven Hall Rm 411
ART 125 - Art Appreciation I
Tuesday and Thursday, 12:00-1:15, Aven Hall Room 216
Art 125 J - Art Appreciation
Tuesday and Thursday, 1:30-2:45, Aven 216
Art 125 D - Art Appreciation
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday, 11:00-11:50, Aven 216
- Art 125 Syllabus 2013 Fall
- Art 125- Lost & Found
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_03.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_04.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_04a.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_05.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_06.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_07.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_08.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_09.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_12.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_15.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_16.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_17.doc
- Study_sheet_Buser, Chapter_17_condensed.doc
- Undergrad Addendum 2013-2014