ARE YOU...A RESIDENT ASSISTANT?
Fill out an application on StarRez.
Returning RAs should fill out the returning RA application on StarRez.
Complete your application on StarRez before February 5, 2013 at 4:00pm.
Talk to your RA to find out more about what it means to be a Resident Assistant.
RA Application Process Timeline
- Thursday, January 10th - RA Application goes live
- Wednesday, January 16th - Informational Meeting, 4:30-5:00pm, President's Board Room
- Monday, January 28th - Informational Meeting, 4:30-5:00pm, President's Board Room
- Tuesday, February 5th - Applications Due, 4:00pm
- February 7th & 8th - Group Interviews, 6:30-9:300pm, New Men's Rotunda (New RAs) & Peer Interviews (Returing Ras)
- February 11th-15th - Formal Interviews (New RAs)
- February 18th, 20th-22nd & 25th-26th - Formal Interviews with Student Life Administrative Staff (Returning RAs)
2012-2013 RA Time Commitments
- Thursday, August 15th-Sunday 25th - Fall RA Training
- Wednesday, November 27th - Thanksgiving Closedown
- Wednesday, December 18th - Christmas Closedown
- Tuesday, January 7th-Saturday 11th - Spring RA Training
- Saturday, March 8th - Spring Break Closedown
- Saturday, May 10th - Summer Closedown
If you are hired as a Resident Assistant, you will be unable to serve on The Crew or as a Blue and Gold 101 Mentor.
Make sure to signup for group interview and personal interview times in the Residence Life Office in Nelson 313.
Click below to print reference forms. Three references must be completed and turned in to Nelson 313 in the Residence Life Office for all NEW RA applications.
To apply for this position, fill out the online job application.
The purpose of Desk Assistants at Mississippi College is to maintain a peaceful and productive environment where students feel comfortable to study and socialize in common areas. A Desk Assistant should be a person of responsibility and integrity, willing to work with others, and possess an attitude reflective of the mission of Mississippi College. The primary purpose of a Desk Assistant is to watch the lobby.
The Desk Assistant position is a job with a lot of flexibility. Studying is permissible while on the job. Dates or planned group activities are not allowed. A Desk Assistant should not allow friends to congregate in front of the lobby desk. During their shift, Desk Assistants must remain behind the desk and should not leave the lobby for any reason unless it is an emergency.
- Approximately 9 hours per week
- Some weekends required
Key Duties and Skills
- Assess inventory of lobby furniture
- Place lobby furniture in correct place
- Report lobby maintenance or suspected misconduct to the RA on call
- Greet all visitors in a pleasant and hospitable manner
- Be accessible and available to students
- BE ON TIME for every shift as scheduled by the Resident Director
- Answer the lobby phone
- Periodically walk the lobby and check for appropriate behavior and volume levels, etc.
- Confront violators who are in violation of posted lobby rules
- Check in visiting students of the opposite gender
Hourly rate of pay: Minimum Wage
Mississippi College is seeking qualified applicants for one female Graduate Hall Director positions available. Reporting to his/her respective Resident Director/Student Life Assistant, a Graduate Hall Director at Mississippi College is responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of one of the institution’s residence halls. The Graduate Hall Director seeks to provide a safe and secure living and learning community that complements the mission of the institution and contributes to individual and interpersonal growth and development.
The Graduate Hall Director position is a 10-month, live-in, part-time (20 hours per week) administrative staff position in Residence Life that begins July 30th. The Graduate Hall Director’s responsibilities include and not limited to counseling, conflict resolution, programming, fostering community, leadership development, crisis intervention, and facilities management. To understand the specific qualifications and responsibilities for a Graduate Hall Director please see the Graduate Hall Director Job Description.
The Graduate Hall Director position is designed to train graduate students for an entry-level professional position in Student Affairs or related field. To apply download and fill out the Graduate Assistant Application.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus residence life experience and/or knowledge considered.
- Enrollment in a graduate degree program at Mississippi College with preference given to those enrolled in Administration in Higher Education program, Counseling, or related field.
- Have an active and growing Christian faith.
- Strong administrative, interpersonal, and communication skills