The application for degree begins the process of awarding your degree
Wearing an MC ring is an excellent way to show your school pride
All participants in commencement exercises must wear academic regalia
The Senior Class Gift is a great way to give back to Mississippi College
CLICK HERE For Streaming of the Saturday, August 1, 2015, Summer Commencement Ceremony.
December 2015 Commencement: Friday December 18
Please be aware of the following procedures. Your cooperation will be appreciated.
- In order to show respect for each of our degree candidates and dignity for the Commencement Exercise, please reserve individual celebrations until directed to applaud or until the end of the exercise.
- Please arrive on time. The commencement program begins at the top of the designated hour. ALL Guests who arrive after the Commencement Exercise begins will be escorted to a designated seating area and will NOT be able to join those already seated in other areas.
- Balloons, floral arrangements, and other gifts will not be permitted in the Coliseum. Guests should leave these items in their vehicle and deliver them after the commencement.
The Priority Deadline to apply for the December 2015 Commencement is Friday, September 4. 2015.
Appying by this date gives the Registrar's Office the opportunity to review academic record and communicate with students any issues that should be addressed prior to graduation.
Students should APPLY ONLINE by logging into the MY. MC portal on the MC website. You can find the application under "Graduation" on the navigation column. Click on "Apply to Graduate."
The Participation Deadline to apply for the December 2015 Commencement is Friday, November 6, 2015.
Under a policy approved by the Commencement Committee, students who apply for graduation after that date cannot participate in the Commencement Exercises and may not have their names listed in the program.
If it is necessary for you to apply to graduate after the participation deadline, you cannot use the online process. You must submit a degree application on a paper form so the Registrar's Office will know you are planning to graduate and where to mail your diploma. These forms are available in the Registrar’s Office.
May 2016 Commencement:
- May 6 for Nursing and Graduate Students
- May 7 for Undergraduate Students
- May 2016 PRIORITY DEADLINE - Friday, January 15, 2016
- May 2016 Commencement Participation Deadline - Friday, March 25, 2016
Information for December 18, 2015 will be available at a later date.