The application for degree begins the process of awarding your degree
Wearing an MC ring is an excellent way to show your school pride
All participants in commencement exercises must wear academic regalia
The Senior Class Gift is a great way to give back to Mississippi College
Friday, May 6, 2016
- 2:00 p.m. – Commencement and Pinning Ceremony for the School of Nursing
- 7:00 p.m. – Graduate Commencement
Saturday, May 7, 2016
- 10:00 a.m.– Undergraduate Commencement
- School of Christian Studies and the Arts: Art, Christian Studies and Philosophy, Communications, and Music
- School of Science and Mathematics: Biological Sciences, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Computer Science, Physics and Math
- School of Business: Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, and Marketing
- 2:00 p.m. – Undergraduate Commencement
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences: English, Modern Languages, History and Political Science, Administration of Justice, Paralegal Studies, Sociology, and Social Work
- School of Education: Teacher Education and Leadership, Kinesiology, and Psychology
Balfour is the vendor that offers official graduation announcements. You will need to contact them to place an order. Use the link below:
You can also call 1-877-225-3687 for customer service. You will need to know the degree you are receiving and the date/time of the commencement when you place your order.
Please be aware of the following procedures. Your cooperation will be appreciated.
- In order to show respect for each of our degree candidates and dignity for the Commencement Exercise, please reserve individual celebrations until directed to applaud or until the end of the exercise.
- Please arrive on time. The commencement program begins at the top of the designated hour. ALL Guests who arrive after the Commencement Exercise begins will be escorted to a designated seating area and will NOT be able to join those already seated in other areas.
- Balloons, floral arrangements, and other gifts will not be permitted in the Coliseum. Guests should leave these items in their vehicle and deliver them after the commencement.
Students should APPLY ONLINE by logging into the MY. MC portal on the MC website. You can find the application under "Graduation" on the navigation column. Click on "Apply to Graduate."
The Participation Deadline to apply for the May 2016 Commencement is Friday, March 25, 2016.
Under a policy approved by the Commencement Committee, students who apply for graduation after that date cannot participate in the Commencement Exercises and may not have their names listed in the program.
If it is necessary for you to apply to graduate after the participation deadline, you cannot use the online process. You must submit a degree application on a paper form so the Registrar's Office will know you are planning to graduate and where to mail your diploma. These forms are available in the Registrar’s Office.
August 2016 Commencement:
- Saturday, August 6, 2016
- August 2016 PRIORITY DEADLINE - Friday, June 3, 2016
- August 2016 Commencement Participation Deadline - Friday, June 24, 2016